The processing costs for Bookentertainment’s payments depend on where your bank account is located:
1. Businesses with Stripe accounts linked to banks in the EEA (except Norway) A per-transaction fee of 20p or €0.25 or 1.8kr, plus:
- if your bank account is in the UK, 0.3% for domestic debit cards and 1.4% for all other cards issued in the EEA (including domestic credit cards)
- if your bank account is elsewhere in the EEA, 1.4% for all cards issued in the EEA (including domestic cards)
- 2.9% for international (non-EEA) cards
There are no additional interchange or gateway fees (such as Paymentsense / Sagepay costs), and Bookentertainment itself does not charge extra for payments.
Bookentertainment's payment service should be cheaper than your existing payment service.
A common misconception is that payment costs consist solely of the 'acquirer' fee, the amount paid to the company receiving the payment on behalf of the site owner (e.g. Streamline/Global Payments/Barclaycard). However, there are two other types of payment cost. The 'interchange' fee can be as much again, and - for online payments - a third fee (the 'gateway' cost/'payment service provider' cost) is also payable, normally 5-10p per transaction.
Many Acts will be comparing Bookentertainment's payment system to telephone-based card payments. However the acquirer and interchange fees for payments over the telephone, known as "MOTO" payments, can be even higher. If you enjoy cheaper interchange rates by using 3D Secure, please note that many merchants report that 3D Secure causes conversion rates to fall by more than the saving in interchange rate.
2. Partners with Stripe accounts linked to banks in the USA 2.2% + $0.30 per transaction. non-US card transactions are charged an additional 1% fee.
3. Partners with Stripe accounts linked to banks in Canada 2.9% + $0.30 per transaction. Non-Canadian card transactions are charged an additional 0.6% fee.
4. Businesses with Stripe accounts linked to banks in other countries Please visit www.stripe.com/pricing/ to view pricing.
We do not currently accept American Express.
Stripe will not rebates its fees when refunding a customer.